Narrative / Spain
I try to manage the language of emptiness and fullness to put my pieces in tension and poise, to explore the relationship between object and scale.
I often think on white as a raw substance. Or, going even more backwards, as original substance of my creations. Whiteness as a basic and ethereal language, isolated from light, just built as a sentence can be built, or a melody or a structure.
The no-color color is presence and abscence on the physical material: it’s the tension that stands up the texture and the shape of a jewel, but also the fading wrapping up that holds the emptiness and makes it participate in the final piece.
Decontextualizing the substance, I bring it to an unexpected sphere. Trying to domesticate it.
I work with materials, freeing them from their limits and giving them an unexpected life.
• Licensed architect at Barcelona’s School of Architecture
• Diploma in Artistic Jewelry from Massana School in Barcelona
• Post Graduate at “Massana Off” Artistic Cooperative, at Massana School
• Jewelry Projects Professor in Llotja School in Barcelona
• Head of the Jewellery Department in Llotja School in Barcelona
DESIGN / JEWELRY:
•Tate Modern Main Shop. London
•Guggenheim Museum Shop. Bilbao
•COAC-Architects Shop. Barcelona
● Precious things in time of Uncertainty at Alliages Gallery in Lille, France (June 2021)
● GROWTH & EVOLUTION International Jewellery Exhibition in China (2020)
● Collective exhibition in the Milan Design Week in Milano, Italy (April 2018)
● Literarische Städte at Galerie Himmelreich in Magdeburg, Germany (Dec 2016)
● MA(espai en blanc) by AgnèsWO at Ocaña in Barcelona (June 2015)
● MA(espai en blanc) by AgnèsWO at La Xina Art Gallery in Barcelona (Sep 2014)
● Art on/of paper. 10 years of collaboration with Japan in Artesania Catalunya (Oct 2010)
● AgnèsWO·jewels at Cubí100 Gallery in Barcelona (Oct 2009)
● Collective exhibition Off Massana at Massana School
Text & pictures provided by the artist
The content of this wesite is copyrighted, any reproduction is strictly forbidden without authorization.