Mixed Materials / France
In my work, technical creativity and aesthetic research revolve around a main material – leather – and the gestures associated with it. As a living material, with a wide variety of textures, thicknesses and resistance, leather offers multiple technical choices in the way it can be worked. From this great variability emerges a play of reciprocal influences between the technical approaches chosen and the aesthetic directions followed.
Recently, I have introduce in my work fiber, crocheted or simply tied, in association with leather. I have really loved combining this two materials, both very archaic and coming from the living things.
Mixing the rigidity of leather with the evanescence of wool, associating the neutrality of the natural tint of leather with the vitality of bright colours, and very smooth surfaces with others that are textured, I want, through my jewellery, to explore visual and tactile contrasts and to pay homage to materials with great experimental characteristics.
Events and Exhibitions
– May 2021 (will continue until 2022) : Beauty and Wonder, collective exhibition curated by Luis Acosta
Galeria Context, Barcelona, ES
Galerie Caractère, Neuchâtel, CH
Galeria Lalabeyou, Madrid, ES
Tincal lab, Porto, PT
– May 2021 : collective virtual exhibition curated by AdornAxis, in conjunction with NYCxDESIGN, New-York, USA
– April/June 2021 : Ware and Wear, collective virtual exhibition, Pocosin Art School, Columbia, USA
– October 2020 : finalist of Arte Y Joya International Award, publication in Yearbook of Contemporary Jewellery, Barcelona, ES
– November 2019 : Sieraad, International Jewellery Art Fair, Amsterdam, NL
– April 2019 : Autor, International Jewellery Fair, Bucarest, RO
Training course and graduate of leathercraft work
Gregoire-Ferrandi School, Paris, FR
– Internship at The Army Museum, leather restoration
department, Paris, FR
– Internship at Atelier Claude Lebel, covering craftsmen studio, Paris, FR
Paris X-Nanterre, FR
– Bachelor’s degree in prehistoric archaeology – Master’s degree in sociology
Text & pictures provided by the artist
The content of this wesite is copyrighted, any reproduction is strictly forbidden without authorization.